Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worth noting though that there are a few highly resistant strains of ich that can tolerate high heat and even some meds.

How are your fish doing?

I want to put salt in but it will kill my plants and shrimp and I have no where to put them. I just hope the temperature at 86-87 degrees along with 30% water changes is enough. The fish are good so far so fingers crossed. I did notice more ich on the ram though. One or two more specks

That's fairly normal. Ich may appear to become worse for a short period as heat speeds up the life cycle. Just keep up the good work with your wcs and do not be afraid to do bigger wcs either. :)

The original ick that I spotted is still on the fins. Is that normal? I thought it would have fallen off by now, heat or not

Saturday it was at 86, and then Sunday the heater broke so the temperature went down but I got a new one yesterday so now it is at 88 degrees. But I thought heat or not it only stays on the fish for 3 days?

Saturday it was at 86, and then Sunday the heater broke so the temperature went down but I got a new one yesterday so now it is at 88 degrees. But I thought heat or not it only stays on the fish for 3 days?

Using heat only, treatment typically takes two to three weeks (sometimes longer).You need to maintain the heat and wcs for a minimum of a full week after the last spot is gone to consider the issue cured.

So you still believe it is ick although the spots haven't moved or fallen off the fish after this period of time?

Now my gold ram has lost all of her color and is pale. Is this normal during treatment? The male has color. As an update I think some of the ich has fallen off

So far so good I think. The temperature has been fluctuating between 86-88 degrees since Monday. I have done water changes everyday except for Wednesday and today. All of the fish have been eating but I can tell the heat is taking a toll on them. No one else has the ich that I can see except the female gold ram that has had it this whole time. She still has the ich on her. Every time I do the water changes I do a salt dip for her. Fingers crossed that I can kill this once and for all!

I bought Ich Attack today hoping it will help as I am still fighting the ich. I just hope it is not another gimmick.

Back
Top Bottom