ich attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uglygoat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i'm interested in folks thoughts on this medication by kordon. is it as effective as other ich medicines? do you buy the no water changes needed? do you like the idea of herbs instead of chems in your tank? do the herbs actually work? from my read of ich, it's sorta hit or miss, that's why you have to keep dosing the tank.

thanks in advance.

tim

The only thing ill do in a tank that has ich unless its too bad but I don't let it get to that point is high heat. Raise the temp to 86 steadily, provide enough oxygen with airstone and then every 2 days gravel vac and 50% water change. Everytime I do it it goes away in about 10 days.

speeding up the ich cycle and sucking their hopeful cysts from the bottom. sounds like a more sound treatment imo. thanks for the input. any adverse affects on goldfishes?

:D

tim

I am not very knowlageable about goldies but I would imagine since their cold water fish it would stress them, but we have goldies in a backyard pond and it gets well into the 100's here and they live through it so I dunno.

thanks broncofan!

i forgot to mention i am a diehard browns fan.... elway killed football for me ages ago! bastards! ;)

seriously though, even if your ambient is 100, a decent sized body of water/pond will keep the goldies where they need to be temp wise.

mine are in an aquarium, and only wee little sprouts, i'd hate to up the temp and just cook em! ;)

Browns fan huh, well thank you (and I mean it seriously) for brady. I can't wait to see what he does under mcdaniels.

Id hate to see them get cooked over that too. Good luck though

I stole this quote from another thread, jsoong is the resident goldfish expert. This is how he told someone else to treat a goldfish with ich...

you have ich, which is brought on by water parameter problems.

First thing - check your water parameters, do a large water change & good gravel vac.

Second - treat with salt. You need to raise the salt level slowly to 0.3% over 2 days. <Add 0.1% every 12-24 hrs.> This is the detailed instructions (with ich pics for you to look at.)
Treating Ich with Salt | Illness and Treatment

Ich Attack worked for me. I used it for about 10 days, with 50% water changes and gravel vac each day. It just smells terrible. I didn't raise my heat at all. My advice for Ich is Ich Attack, clean water, and Freshwater Aquarium Salt.

I'm sure all the methods stated above are effective as well, but my fish and tank have been Ich free ever since.

cool, so i can read up on some salts, and move on? the ick attack smells no worse than some garlic. can i drop cloves of garlic in my tank? ;)

edit: bronco fan, i hope brady takes you guys to the superbowl, it would be fitting! *disgruntled browns fan. honestly, i've given up on pro-sports.

Back
Top Bottom