Ich diagnosis (plus something else)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scalesojustice

Aquarium Advice Activist
last night i noticed my black molly had white ich spots, so i've been raising the temp over the past day to about 86 (not there yet, but will be eventually).

but i've also noticed that she has bright red poop. is this a sign of ich or something else?

the other two mollies seem to be fine and the only other thing in the 10 gal tank are the three mystery snails. all the water parameters check out.

TIA.

Regarding the poo, what are you feeding the mollies? Is the poo the same color as the food or is that the only fish with that color poo?

When raising the temps either lower the water level a bit or add an airstone for extra aeration.

no, the food flakes are not the same color as the poop. which is why i am concerned.

now, the black molly has a puffy eye, does that usually come with ich? or is that something esle. how did my tank become so diseased over night?!

as far as the aeration, my water level is already down because of the snails and i actually have two hob filters running on it as i was trying to cycle one of them for a new tank. i take it that is a good idea to leave the new/cycling filter in there for the next three weeks with high temps so i don't spread the ich to the new tank, right?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom