Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ich... Did I act too quickly?

I noticed last night that my 3 silver dollar fish had a few shiny white spots like ich. Maybe 3 or 4 spots on each fish. I quickly quarantined them, raised the temp, added salt, and applied rid ich... I am wondering though is it possible that they are fine. None of my other fish have presented any spots and they are all swimming fine. Even the silver dollars are swimming fine. Any advice?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett6977
I noticed last night that my 3 silver dollar fish had a few shiny white spots like ich. Maybe 3 or 4 spots on each fish. I quickly quarantined them, raised the temp, added salt, and applied rid ich... I am wondering though is it possible that they are fine. None of my other fish have presented any spots and they are all swimming fine. Even the silver dollars are swimming fine. Any advice?
You should have/should treat the whole tank for ich. The ich is in the entire tank and ready to latch on to your other fish. Where are the silver dollars now? I'd just put them back in the main tank and treat that with whatever method you choose. If you want to leave the silver dollars in qt, then you'll have to treat the main tank as well because ich is still living in the substrate, decor, ect.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett6977 View Post
I am not sure you should have combined temp/salt treatment with a chemical treatment. I believe it is recommended one or the other?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I don't know if it is ich though? Will it appear as only a couple of dots first before a full breakout? I have never had ich before I usually have my tank warm enough and use enough salt that it keeps it pretty well maintained. I just had a tank leak and I think that stressed the fish out a little bit and lowered their immune systems.

Tags
ich, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com