Ich... Did I act too quickly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brett6977

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed last night that my 3 silver dollar fish had a few shiny white spots like ich. Maybe 3 or 4 spots on each fish. I quickly quarantined them, raised the temp, added salt, and applied rid ich... I am wondering though is it possible that they are fine. None of my other fish have presented any spots and they are all swimming fine. Even the silver dollars are swimming fine. Any advice?

Brett6977 said:
I noticed last night that my 3 silver dollar fish had a few shiny white spots like ich. Maybe 3 or 4 spots on each fish. I quickly quarantined them, raised the temp, added salt, and applied rid ich... I am wondering though is it possible that they are fine. None of my other fish have presented any spots and they are all swimming fine. Even the silver dollars are swimming fine. Any advice?

You should have/should treat the whole tank for ich. The ich is in the entire tank and ready to latch on to your other fish. Where are the silver dollars now? I'd just put them back in the main tank and treat that with whatever method you choose. If you want to leave the silver dollars in qt, then you'll have to treat the main tank as well because ich is still living in the substrate, decor, ect.

I am not sure you should have combined temp/salt treatment with a chemical treatment. I believe it is recommended one or the other?:confused:

I don't know if it is ich though? Will it appear as only a couple of dots first before a full breakout? I have never had ich before I usually have my tank warm enough and use enough salt that it keeps it pretty well maintained. I just had a tank leak and I think that stressed the fish out a little bit and lowered their immune systems.

Back
Top Bottom