Ich Disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almond27

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So a bit of a catastrophe happened. A week ago I got a new panda platy and put it in my 10 gal cycled tank. The tank had 1 MM platy, 1 sunset platy and a mystery snail.

Tuesday night I noticed the Panda was covered in white spots. On a recommend from LFS I got QuickCure, a separate home for the snail and began treatment. I slowly increased the temp to around 84 and maxed out the bubbler that came with the volcano I bought.

Thursday I lost the Sunset, Friday I lost the Panda and 5 min ago I lost the MM. Through the whole treatment the water came in at : ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10.

After doing research on here I decided to just go with heat, salt and time. Since I only have the snail left is there anything I need to do with the tank to make sure it stays cycled and that the snail survives?

Also I need to wait around 2 weeks before adding any fish right?

Thanks for any help.

So a bit of a catastrophe happened. A week ago I got a new panda platy and put it in my 10 gal cycled tank. The tank had 1 MM platy, 1 sunset platy and a mystery snail.

Tuesday night I noticed the Panda was covered in white spots. On a recommend from LFS I got QuickCure, a separate home for the snail and began treatment. I slowly increased the temp to around 84 and maxed out the bubbler that came with the volcano I bought.

Thursday I lost the Sunset, Friday I lost the Panda and 5 min ago I lost the MM. Through the whole treatment the water came in at : ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10.

After doing research on here I decided to just go with heat, salt and time. Since I only have the snail left is there anything I need to do with the tank to make sure it stays cycled and that the snail survives?

Also I need to wait around 2 weeks before adding any fish right?

Thanks for any help.

You are on the right track as far as salt temp and time. Just make sure before you add any fish you are positive you have taken care of this ich problem. Keep doing water changes every day with a good gravel/sand vac each time. I would do this at least for another week. Also test water everyday to make sure water is where it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom