ich/heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dheath0328

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm currently treating ich in my 30 tank with 6 mollies with a heat and salt treatment. I've been trying for 36 hours to raise the temperature with a 200w all glass aquarium fully submersible heater and it has went from 72 to 76. While watching it closely I slowly raised the dial and it would shut off and still not turn back on and now with the dial all the way up it still will not come back on enough to raise it. i understand there is a sensor in it and there is also no actual temp settings on the dial. The heater has worked fine to keep the temp before we started treating so I really don't want to replace the heater. My question is am i missing something? I can not find directions for the heater online and do not have them. Also, what are the risks with using a space heater on the outside of the tank to raise the temp while watching the thermometer very closely?

A 200 watt heater should be able to heat a 30 to dangerous levels. It is possible the heater needs to be calibrated for higher temps. I have no experience with that brand so can't help you with that.
They seem to have a lifetime warranty, so, you might want to try contacting them.

A 200 watt heater should be able to heat a 30 to dangerous levels. It is possible the heater needs to be calibrated for higher temps. I have no experience with that brand so can't help you with that.

I'm not sure. Looking into it I believe the heater is discontinued. It's for a larger tank so I thought the same thing. I'll have to look into calibrating it. Thank you!

86 degrees along with salt and some "quick cure" should kill ick within 24 hours.
(Malachite Green/Formalin)
Does not affect Biological filtration as long as you dont overdose it, increase aeration with an air stone to comensate from lower oxygen in the water from A. Warmer water B. The medicaiton

Back
Top Bottom