Ich in planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've dealt with ich before. I did the increase temperature with salt and I've used a Rid-Ich. I have a 55g planted tank with rainbows, danios, and killifish. I have a number of plants and it is a relatively brand new tank. Finished up the cycle about two weeks ago. Anyway, I bought fish from a shop that I know has bad water quality and always has sick fish and at least one tank snowed with ich, but they get in some of the prettiest rainbows. The best shop around is in the middle of a move, so I made a stupid choice. Now, all three turquoises from that shop are covered and I've found a few spots on other fish.

So, what route should I go with treating this problem? I know there are a million ways and a million medications. I'm not a newbie with this problem. Just a newbie with a planted tank.

You can try just raising the temp but if you're looking for meds, I would try Gordon's ich attack. (It's plant and invert friendly.) A while back we got some mollys from a local "breeder" that introduced ich into my son's tank which is planted. I dosed with the Ich Attack and all plants and fish survived.

Back
Top Bottom