Ich? Or..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColdKoi

Aquarium Advice Freak
Complete newbie here, fish/tank/ect are all new ~48hr old kinda thing. (Yea I know, wtf, but that’s already in a whole other thread lol)

Anyways, new development this afternoon. Doesn’t look like ich from the pictures I can find. It’s more of a white fuzz?

Sorry picture isn’t the greatest.

They’ve been getting lots of water changes, Ammonia is between .25/.5. Ph7.4 temp 76-78f

Attachments

• E6062F5B-45F3-475E-B008-710B00813D38.jpg
    E6062F5B-45F3-475E-B008-710B00813D38.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 31
It definitely looks like ich I’d personally move the goldfish into a hospital tank and treat it there. To avoid the spread of ich to other fishes.

I disagree. Ich is already in the tank and the other fish are already exposed. The entire tank should be treated for ich.

Thanks, I did end up treating the whole tank as I had noticed tome spots on the others later in the day

I had a white fuzz on a garra rufa I got and it died within a couple of hours. And then I saw a white fuzzy thing and found out it was one of my beloved kuhli loaches!!! I was DEVASTATED!! went to LFS and they said it was a fungus and gave me 'Kordon Rid Ich plus' and said it was 'what they use' after I got it, I found out it IS SAFE for scaleless fish (my kuhli's and my panda cats) But it IS NOT SAFE for inverts!! So I moved all of my shrimp and snails to a temporary 3.5 gallon and treated the tank.
I continued the treatment in my large tank for 4-5 days at MINIMAL dose. Then after treatment, I put a carbon filter in and ran it for 2 weeks, then put some 'Guinea pig' bladder snails in and they were fine, so I put my big mystery snails and the shrimp back in.
With this, I had NO ADDITIONAL LOSSES!!
I honestly thought I was going to lose the entire tank!!
Moving the inverts sucks. But the product DEFINITELY works in my experience. I did lose the original sick fish, but I think it was just too far gone when I got it... and the kuhli may have been sick as well without me knowing because I dont always see them. But I did not lose ANY panda cats or any black kuhlis.
And since treatment, I've gotten 4 half banded loaches and they are all perfect and have had them over a month now!
So I totally whole heartedly believe in the rid ich plus..
I think it saved my tank from fungal devastation!!

Good luck!!! Ich and fungus.... just sucks!!!
I wish you fishies good health and to pull through!!��

Yea I would have thought that looked like more of a fungal thing (the picture wasn’t great). But the rest of the fish, that looks more like ick/ich whatever you want to call it lol

You said you treated for ick?
Were you able to save the fish?
Or have any other fish shown signs?
Hope it is all cleared up!! :)

Yes, treated for ick, that’s all I’ve got on hand and what’s available locally. Even though I’d think the one has more of a fungal situation going on

So far they’re all good. No real change in condition today so I did the 25% water change and treated again.

Not all of them have it, or at least anything that’s easily visible, but there’s a couple in the 29gal tank and I found a couple in my 15gal makeshift holding tank. So trying to isolate them at this point is basically hopeless, just treat the works and see what happens.

Fortunately water quality is holding up in the 29gal so far, I don’t know how I pulled that off, but I guess that’s one good thing to happen so far lol

I added Alder Cones and indian almond leaves to my tank when I treated for fungus... I boiled them both for a bit.. and then strained the water out and let them cool and added to the tank..
The alder cones especially are supposed to have antifungal properties... (i pretty much only added the almond leaves to the shrimp tanks lol) but alder cones everywhere!! And they worked for me!!
...would give those a shot maybe??

And honestly, water changes are about the only other thing you can do...
I keep nano fish..
Your fish produce ALOT more waste! So you probably have to do Wayyy More work than I did!!
But seems you are doing good!! :) :)

Yes for the short time they’ll be in this tank, it’s going to require a few water changes but surprisingly the bigger filter is holding it’s ground fairly well

I’ll reassess tomorrow after 48hr of treatment and see what’s happening. If there’s no change it’s probably time to try something else. I just don’t have many options to try here

Wish you the best of luck!!
If they make it.... they will have a beautiful, wonderful life in that pond!! Its picture perfect!!
Good luck!! :)

Back
Top Bottom