Ich! Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bf92sy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I've just noticed that some on my black neon tetra's have got itch. I bought them from a lfs last weekend. I've got shrimps in the tank so I am restricted in the medication I can use. Is there any natural treatments you can recommend. I've already started to raise the water temperatures

Thank you

Yeah got the air stone on fill and got the filter blowing near the surface. Is just raising the temperature going to be enough?

I would add aquarium salt and slowly get the temp to 85

I know there are a few ich meds that ate safe with inverts, but I have fought a few outbreaks and find the meds don't do much and the beat method is the aquarium salt ad temperature

I learnt the hard way once you think the ich is gone still keep the temp up for a week or so to make sure

I'm gutted. I've had the tank for about a year now and no problems at all. Never mind, I'll not go to that silly shop again. Thanks for the advice. Off to get some marine salt now. Fingers crossed!

I'm gutted. I've had the tank for about a year now and no problems at all. Never mind, I'll not go to that silly shop again. Thanks for the advice. Off to get some marine salt now. Fingers crossed!

If your tank is fresh water do not get marine salt you need aquarium salt it is for fresh water

Will do. Ill just ask the shop owner what to do. Thanks :)

Good idea just don't totally trust the lfs they are a business and want to sell more product

My local one seem quite nice. I've got to know them well over the last few months. I got the tetras from a shop I hadn't been too before. Not be going back.

Back
Top Bottom