Ich recurrence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshMdy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay, well I did search and didnt find anything pertaining to my question so here goes...

I had an Ich infection last month and treated it successfully as instructed with medication and a water change after medication. Last week I did a 25% water change/cleaning and noticed yesterday that I have another Ich outbreak. I was wondering if the fact that I have sand substrate could be the contributing factor? did I stir up hidden ich? I did add new fish and plants but they were perfectly healthy when I added them. I have already started treatment but was just curious as to if I bought another (unnoticably) infected fish or if it somehow survived in the sand. Thanks ahead of time and be gentle...im a noob, lol.

How long did you treat and what did you use? There are some nasty strains of ich out there too. As the parasites fall off the fish they naturally fall into the substrate so vacuuming is essential during treatment. I don't recommend meds with ich. The high heat/salt method has never let me down and many others.

Last edited:
How long did you treat and what did you use? There are some nasty strains of ich out there too. As the parasites fall off the fish they naturally fall into the substrate so vacuuming is essential during treatment. I don't recommend meds with ich. The high heat/salt method has never let me down and many others.

I used API Super Ich Cure.

Back
Top Bottom