ich, salt, snails-- Oh my!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacktheknife

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey yo

i got an ich outbreak in my quarantine tank - i got two golds, 1 molly (infected) and 1 snail (not sure what kind)

anyway, i'm following a treatment plan based on the life cycle of the fish that suggest medicine (aquai-sol) and aquarium salt, daily water changes and running no carbon in my filter.

does this sound safe for all involved? i do not have another tank to quarantine non infected fish in and i figure they are all potentionally infected still so i will not move them into my main tank at this time.

I dunno- I had ich once when I first started out and never treated it and it went away. Never had it since - almost 2 years. Although it did kill 3 lemon tetras and 3 cherry barbs, but my white clouds were like resistent to it. From what I've heard there's a specific ich medicine that you should use for like a month straight. I dunno about your method but hopefully someone better informed than me can come along and help you.

Read the article on FW ich in the Articles section. Treat the tank with 86F and a touch of salt. The snail should be fine, it's not as though you are taking it out and placing it in a bag of salt :wink:

Back
Top Bottom