Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ich to start, Popeye and I'm at a loss here

I have a 40 gallon aquarium.
Thanks to Petsmart, I put a fish with ich in my tank. I didn't notice until he was in. I treated immediately.

Here's the problem.
I had 6 Dalmatian mollies, 4 creamcicle mollies, 3 red wag platies, 3 giant danios and a hi fin spotted Pleco...
Nitrates were a little high so I did a PWC 25% on top of my typical weekly PWC.
Literally the next morning I had two Dalmatians with Popeye. I had no money for more treatments, figured I'd wait a day or two, dim my lighting, and lower the strength of the bubble wall, and try to minimize the stress.

Next day. Every Dalmatian and one cream had Popeye. I cried, and possibly had a heart attack.
I've since lost two Dalmatians and the one cream Molly.
The Popeye has almost completely gone away in the remaining mollies.

Could the amount of bubbles I had in there caused the stress, illness and death of the mollies?
AND
Why on earth was it specific to my mollies and nobody else? No other fish even had the slightest sign of illness.

Thanks folk.

Smidget121

Old 01-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

It's a good question. What ingredients did you treat with as I'm assuming it was some sort of med?

Myself, I find mollies and platies a bit sensitive. Kind of like a canary in a coal mine.

Tags
eye, ich, loss, popeye, star, start

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com