ICH treating medicins and their consequences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollyfan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks

I have a question to ask here about the ich treatments available in the market specially Rid-ich+. Actually the two of my fishes are infected with this ich parasite and I am planning to use this Rid-ich+ product to treat them but I read on some other forum that this product, color(stains) all your aquarium toys and plastic plants even the aquarium walls etc so I was wondering if this is true. However I can take all those decor items out of the aquarium before pouring in this solution in the water but what about the heater and gravels and specially the other uninfected fishes? Has anyone experienced this problem with this product?

Thanks
Mollyfan

I personally would avoid medications because they are not natural. It should only be used as a last resort. My last outbreak of ich i was able to treat my fish using hyposalinity. I vacuum my gravel also to remove extra ich floating around on the floor

Thanks for the quick response. I totally agree with you that the meds should be the last resort but the route you are talking about sounds quite hectic which I read in other forums as well but then again I read about this treatment with Ridich+ or Rid Attack (herbal) which worked well for many people hence I decided to go with this easy route as I dont have that much patience to change the water everyday clean up the tank etc. I am planning to use Rid Attack which is a 100% natural treamtment at least per the manufacturer so pl let me know if I could use that. I am only worried about the stains if any it might leave behind.

Back
Top Bottom