Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ich treatment in planted tank

I've read in this article
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/fish/notes_ich.html
that most ich treatments will harm/kill the plants, even though I haven't read of anyone really using any discretion in choosing a treatment, which doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't. My water temperature is up to about 84 now, but strangely has been at 82 for weeks because of my PC lights and the fish got ich anyway (white spots = no brainer).

The article says Maracide by Mardel Laboratories is the only ich treatment not to kill plants. Since I haven't heard of this anywhere else, I'm wondering if it is incorrect. What has been your experience with treating ich in planted tanks, or have you just gone with only raising the temperature?

Thanks.
Todd[/url]

Tags
eat, ich, plant, planted, planted tank, tan, treatment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com