Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ich wiped us out!

I've never experienced ich before. Didn't notice anything was wrong in our tank. Then one night, two fish died. I planned on doing a water change the next day after work, but by then another 2-3 died. The ones that died were completely white! Went to store and purchased Rid-Ich Plus and I've noticed the last remaining fish has cleared up quite significantly. Question is, should I treat the water again until he looks completely rid of the ich? Then what's next?!
Is the water still bad? Do I completely clean out and start over? Or once it's treated it's ok for new fish to eventually be added into the tank?
Thank in advance! Like I said, first time ever experiencing ich!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Should you treat the water again? What do the instructions on the bottle say?

I observe my fish carefully every day. This way, I pick up any disease or problem in the tank before it becomes catastrophic.

Ich cannot survive without a host. It's not like it contaminates the tank itself. Read up: Freshwater Ich? Yuck!
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com