Iched out!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, it looks like the high water temperature finally got rid of the Ich, at least the visible stage of the parasite. My fish are all fine, and look happy and healthy once again.

Because there was a little bit of "cross over" from tank to tank, I treated both -the 30 g and the new 75 g. (this will not happen again since now I have an extra 10g to use as quarantine tank). I'll keep the Temp at 85-86 for 2 more weeks, as recommended.

The question is, Can I start moving my fish from the 30g to the 75g? Or should i wait 2 more weeks until all risk of Ich is gone?

The only fish affected withthe parasite were some of the rummy nose and two serpae tetra. None of the other guys got it so far.

Thanks!

Yes...wait. The purpose of the additional two weeks is to ensure that you are also rid of the encrusted cysts that may be in the substrate...decorations, etc.

Once the two weeks is done...go slowly.

Congrats...another successful ich treatment goes on the books!

Thanks, J! It makes sense.

I really want to see my fish in the new tank... but I'll do what's best for "them fishies"! :mrgreen:

Congratulations on the successful cure! It feels good to win against the odds doesn't it? And it is always nice to hear a good story for the rest of us!

Back
Top Bottom