Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ick?

Hi. Can anyone give me advice please. Over the last 2/3 days I noticed my fish were no longer swimming about but just lying at the bottom of the tank so I took a sample of water to pets at home to test. They said all was fine, nitrates up a bit at 20 everything else perfect. I have 2 black moors and 1 oranda. I added 3 small plecs and a Hong Kong plec about 1-2 weeks ago and as I'm new to this did not know about quarantine :-( within an hour my Hong Kong plec had died. The rest of the fish were fine! I've been doing 30% water changes and a good clean up of gravel. On my water change today I noticed the fish were all lethargic. My fish have all got tiny white dots on them and find look like they are bleeding. I've googled and think it must be ick? How can I save them before they all die? My tank is 200 litresClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399682985.123093.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	236755Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399683047.959505.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	236756

Old 05-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

try this link: White Spot Disease: Your Complete Ich Treatment Guide | Complete Goldfish Care

dcutl002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Update - they all died one after the other. The last Blackmoor died last night. I was treating them for fin rot and bacteria infection but it was just too late for them. So I need to start all over again. Pets at Home have agreed they gave me diseased fish as they had to treat their tank in the shop. I am getting my money back on all treatment and stock but I don't know what to do. Should I completely change my tank water, clean out everything and then put new water in and wait 4 weeks? Any advice appreciated. I'm so sad for my wee fish and my sons are upset
Old 05-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracephjosey View Post
Update - they all died one after the other. The last Blackmoor died last night. I was treating them for fin rot and bacteria infection but it was just too late for them. So I need to start all over again. Pets at Home have agreed they gave me diseased fish as they had to treat their tank in the shop. I am getting my money back on all treatment and stock but I don't know what to do. Should I completely change my tank water, clean out everything and then put new water in and wait 4 weeks? Any advice appreciated. I'm so sad for my wee fish and my sons are upset
Aww that's terrible.. Just glad pets at home are responsible and treating their tanks too.. Im dealing with ich now and i think the only way to clear it is to heat the tank to 86 and do pwc and vac the gravel.. For 2 weeks .. I would say this way your tank and filter should be ok without having to start a cycle again.. Im no expert this is just what i found out on here and Google

Again sorry for your loss
Old 05-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Obviously you can't raise to that temp with goldfish in there .. I think its a salt treatment for cold water fish.. But as you have no fish Im sure its ok to heat it up
Old 05-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracephjosey View Post

Yes. If it were me, I would start all over. New substrate, or if gravel pour scolding hot water on it in a bucket. New plants. Also, look into a quarantine tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcutl002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com