Ick on Black finned Shark!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlonelyCody

Aquarium Advice Freak
I moved to a bigger tank a few days ago (55 gal) I noticed today that my black finned shark possibly has ick. I read some where that you can up the temp to help destroy the ick. Can you do this with Black Finned Sharks? I think the temp to set it at was 80º. I don't want to use the ick medication fully because with him being a scaleless fish it will affect him and possibly make things worse. I am going to quaratine him and raise the temp if I can get some feedback on this. I am also going to treat him in the quaratine tank with only 1/2 the medication treatment recommendation.

:BIG:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=21&pCatId=1177

Is that the fish you refer to when you say black fin shark?

Over the next five or so days, Up the temp of the tank to 88-90 degrees, If its the 55ga, two 150watt heaters spaced at seperate ends of the tank should accomplish this quite well.

Increase the temp only a degree or so every day, until 88-90 is reached.

Leave at the temp for 2 weeks, no meds or anything. Ich will be perminately erradicated from your tank, and will never appear again as long as you don't add a new source of ich.

As for your shark surviving, if its the shark in the link above, then yes it will survive. Mine survived two bouts and heattreatments

Back
Top Bottom