Ick Quick Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im sure it should be fine. Really, I wont medicate unless you are out of solutions. There is other methods of getting rid of ich, such as Raising the temp to at least 86F for two weeks (1st week is to get rid of all of it, but the second week is for extra precaustions <- Ich can hid in fishes gills) and doing a Partial water change once a day (With gravel vac. By doing this, it will pick up any un-wanted spores that came of the fish.)

There is no quick cure. You have a couple options. Heat treatment mentioned above. And chemicals. If your going to use chemicals use Kordons Ich attack.
Some ich meds are not Good.

Read This:
Freshwater Ich? Yuck!

Med should be fine. Salt at 2-3ppt (raise slowly from 1ppt) :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Raising the temp now. We shall see what happens. It's just one fish, a mickey mouse platy that hasn't been acting right for about a week. I'm not sure it's ick yet. It seems like the fishs fins are ragged. He's been getting bullied by the other mickey mouse in the tank. I don't know if the bullying is the cause or they are bullying him because he is sick. Did a 40% water change yesterday and will do one later tonight. My son's 4th birthday party is today so I'm going to have a house full of family and friends.

Raged fins? Hmm...... Doesn't sound like ick, but more of fin rot (most likey caused from bullying). But dont stop what your doing, good clean water (from the pwc once day ) helps with fin rot.

Hey! Todays my birthday party too! Im having it at the Arkansas Skatium (roller and ice skating rink). My birthday was tuesday though (turned 14).

Raged fins? Hmm...... Doesn't sound like ick, but more of fin rot (most likey caused from bullying). But dont stop what your doing, good clean water (from the pwc once day ) helps with fin rot.

Hey! Todays my birthday party too! Im having it at the Arkansas Skatium (roller and ice skating rink). My birthday was tuesday though (turned 14).

Happy Birthday Tyspot.

Fish is doing much better today. Did another water change last night and he's eating and his fins aren't clamped anymore. He still has some flakes on the top of his head but he looks so much better than 2 days ago.

I'll still keep the temp up just in case.

Thank you for all of your help.

Back
Top Bottom