Ill Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hammond.a12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi my names Amanda, I just registered today. I have a 55 gal freshwater tank with 2 silver dollars and an angelfish, I have had them for almost 6 years!

I used to have 2 angels but 1 became egg bound last year and passed. I recently have had a similar experience with my other angel, yet I am unsure if she was constipated or egg bound, she has since passed whichever was making her belly full ( I feed peas, the silver dollars love them!).

Unfortunately, we left for the weekend and I had a friend feed them while I was gone. She must have become weak and got stuck in the filter by the heater. Now her tail fin is all but a nubbin left. I increased the heat added salt for the first week and noticed a slight cloud to her eye and started on pimafix. The tail looks well and no other signs of fungal infection, I am thinking that she may have damaged her eye while hanging out on the bottom by the heater, I have since moved the heater.

She is able to swim with much effort, I made her a harness and attached it to a bobber so that once every 1-2 weeks she can be upright for a couple hours, no damage noted to scales.

The most exciting part is that I was able to witness her pooping today, with normal color, that means she is eating bless her little fish heart! I am told that her tail fin will grow back, I removed all deco from the tank to reduce risk for damage. All in all she is doing good.

I know everyone is probably interested in my stats so here goes

Ph 6.5. Ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 40ppm

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406764661.035208.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406764677.609138.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406764689.369141.jpg

I swear there is water in the container that she is in, I put her in a small container while I do a quick water change so the silver dollars don't run her over. Unsure how to attach a video, if someone lets me know I am more than happy to share video of my angel in her harness

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom