Ill/injured L. Curvicep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my Curivceps has been acting extremely weird. She stays at the bottom breathing. Not doing anything else, plus her coloration has changed. I've seen the other female curvicep "bullying" her too. There seems to be an indent and 3 black specs on her left side right under her lower gill. Plus her mouth has seemed to become disformed and she can't seem to swim well... Does anyone know what's wrong?

It's a 55g, it's been set up for over a year and I have had the curviceps for 4 months. The parameters are 0,0, between <5 and 10ppm (in between colors).

It sounds like stress to be honest, do you have another tank to remove her? Sorry to he's this, I know you were excited when you brought them home!

It sounds like stress to be honest, do you have another tank to remove her? Sorry to he's this, I know you were excited when you brought them home!

Yes I have one. She'll be going in there right away. Thank you so much! They're my first cichlid that is not an angel and so I am really cautious about all of this. Ah, well thank you HUKIT, you always know the answers to my problems:)

Hopefully with some clean water and reduced stress she will come around. I'd leave the overhead lights out for a day or so after you transfer her, this will help her relax and explore her new surroundings in relative peace. Good luck and let us know how she's doing!

Hopefully with some clean water and reduced stress she will come around. I'd leave the overhead lights out for a day or so after you transfer her, this will help her relax and explore her new surroundings in relative peace. Good luck and let us know how she's doing!

I will. She's coming up stairs into my room so I can check on her more often. But thank you! She was looking pretty bad. And I will update as she continues.

She's in her new tank. Sadly it's a 10g. I quickly removed my betta that was in there and now she has the place to herself. I feel like she needs some more plants to relax... On the shopping list for tomorrow!

img_2500224_0_94215bbd4320f19f9c11814388337593.jpg

img_2500224_1_886a0d878c5ff920b5dec4cfdc0c0f7a.jpg

That's more than adequate for a single fish, a little alone time and she'll be good as new. Now the problem lies on what to do with her after she recovers, adding her back into the main tank may result in the same results. I'd do a large tank rearrange if possible, this will make everyone claim new territories which should keep them busy for awhile.

That's more than adequate for a single fish, a little alone time and she'll be good as new. Now the problem lies on what to do with her after she recovers, adding her back into the main tank may result in the same results. I'd do a large tank rearrange if possible, this will make everyone claim new territories which should keep them busy for awhile.

Ok. I'll do that. Actually now that I think about it, the tank was torn down and redone right before she started to act like this.... Hmm... I'll redo most of it. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom