I'm new, and kind of already need advice :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rara_da_housecat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ello guys :)

I'm Sara, most call me Rara. I'm a petcare associate at Petsmart, I mainly take care of the fish with tank maintenance and stuff, but when I'm not busy with that I care for the reptiles and hamsters too.

I'm a huge animal lover, with 5 cats, a dog, ball python, and have just added a dragon scale betta fish to my collection, along with done mystery snails.

Which brings me to my first problem. I've had my 3 gallon tank for four days now, and my fish was perfectly healthy and happy until last night. He started hanging at the bottom of the tank not moving, then today i tapped him and he swam to the top but sank to the bottom, tapped him again to see if he'd eat and he swam to thtop and ate his pellets but sank back down. He also when swimming to the top, will frantically swim in circles very fast with most of his head outside the water. I'm thinking it may be constipation or swim bladder disorder, but wanted to get more input or ideas on how to save him.

Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place! Do you have a heater in the tank? Bettas usually like their temp in the 72-78 range I believe (but that's just from seeing on here I've never owned a betta). Also have you checked ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

Someone else with more betta experience will chime in soon I'm sure!

Yes it was completed and I had done a water test twice, all was perfect. He died Monday night :(

Back
Top Bottom