I'm so ashamed, I'm even considering this Ich related

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsPeel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love Oranda...and I a small 1/2" baby at Walmart. And this poor baby has ich. I can't watch him suffer. If I buy him and buy some stuff to cure him do I need to do anything different due to his size?

I don't support WalMart but I just can't watch this poor darling suffer.

I have a QT tank that would fit him

Goldfish in general are real good at taking meds as long as the water is good
(must have some pretty markings to catch your eye and make you come closer).
You can also salt them heavier than many fw fish. Maybe half dose since he is tetra size..but I would go full dose with trusted med something you are familiar dosing. Otherwise good ol coppersafe and salt works with golds great. Heat is not an option of long..but crank it up to the golds maximum and treat away. If he looks ratty they are going to throw him away live and kicking soon, they do all the time here. Saw em dump 8 6 inch bala sharks because they had no QT for them (like the system, shares water..they needed treat all anyway!)

I think if you feel strongly about it go ahead and do it, but have something in mind for the fish once treatment is over.

Christmasfish, you know there had to be something special about him. He is a bright red and white. He has beautiful coloring. That is how I saw him originially, how could I look away... :)

I think Christmasfish went through a similar thing recently, but that fishie got away- :cry:

I don't support WalMart but I just can't watch this poor darling suffer.

I understand that you feel the need to save the fish, however, if you buy it you will be supporting Walmart. They will always have sick fish (this applies to all lfs who don't care for their fish, I'm sure there are Walmarts with good fish). Fortunately, Walmart can afford to get out of the fish business, if they catch on from the lack of people buying their fish. I wouldn't support Walmart for anything if they weren't the only place in the area that sells ro water. Horrible, horrible moral character and bad karma from that place--if you believe in that sort of thing. But I digress. Unfortunately, fish are treated as retail items in most places, and a fish saved will soon have it's place taken by another.

Back
Top Bottom