inactive oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have just set up my freshwater aquarium. I have sand as substrate a few rocks and some live plants.and 2 t5 bulbs. Iv added a oscar he was fine in the shop but now all he dose is lay on the bottom. Any ideas. I was thinking maybe lack of oxygen as I dont use airstone

A few pics

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130512_141507.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130512_141507.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 57
  • ForumRunner_20130512_141524.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130512_141524.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 67
  • ForumRunner_20130512_141551.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130512_141551.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20130512_141615.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130512_141615.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 63
When was he added? Oscars tend to do that when their surroundings change, they're drama queens. With a little time, it'll come around.

If it isn't..what size tank and was it cycled? Other fish in the tank? Did you acclimate?

He was added yesterday. Yeah it was cycled properly for about 8 weeks. He was drip acclimated over 2 or 3 hours. He was only added yesterday. I thought it may have been low oxygen. Is an airstone and pump a must. U do have my powerheads pointed to surface to move surface layer

He was added yesterday. Yeah it was cycled properly for about 8 weeks. He was drip acclimated over 2 or 3 hours. He was only added yesterday. I thought it may have been low oxygen. Is an airstone and pump a must. U do have my powerheads pointed to surface to move surface layer

Air is not a must..do you have a canister or HOB filter? And it probably is just adjusting yet then..unless there are other fish in the tank too?

Na no canister or hob its all internal. No orher fish in the tank yet. Thanks mate. Hope he is just sulking

If there is air exchange on the surface, air isn't really needed. And it isn't the best in long periods for plants either. (Airpumps/stones).

And yup, no problem!

Just one more thing. Will an Oscar be ok with a parrot fush

Depending on the tank size and decor that should be okay. They both can be aggressive..but if they are young in the tank together, things should be ok..but that could change once they mature. All in all, that should be fine lol.

However..when the oscar gets alot bigger that the BP, then you might have troubles..but you might not too. Just depends.

Back
Top Bottom