Injured and sick fish in hospital tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flatty

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a long term hospital tank resident who was blinded in a fight with another cichlid. He has been living happily in hospital tank about a month healing up and was waiting for a good time to rearrange the main tank to see if i can get him back in there. Problem is i have another fish that is spitting out food that i want to run through a general cure treatment. Is it safe to have them both in the sick tank or do i need to kick the injured guy out now?

Often not eating can relate to internal parasites. So treating with a dewormer might be a better option initially.
Hikaro Prazipro has Praziquantel.

Fenbendozole comes in a liquid form as a Liquid Goat dewormer. It is absorbed through the fishes body. Very good results.

edit: metronidazole has been the most recent popular effective dewormer. Personally I have always had very good results with the fenbendozole flakes and liquid goat dewormer.

In the future, you can purchase fish food (Angels Plus has an assortment with different meds for any time you get a new fish).
https://angelsplus.com/collections/fish-flake-food/flake?page=2

The blind fish could stay while the sick fish is treated. It is used as a preventative measure frequently and when I had Angelfish I would treat them upon arrival and about every 6 months.

Last edited:
Will have to try this out when it starts eating again. Right now or is not happy being in hospital tank so it is hiding

Well I had general cure on hand which will hopefully take care of it. May grab the other stuff to keep on hand

Back
Top Bottom