Injured Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaguargod

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my Honey Dwarfs is having some problems. It looks like there is no movement in his tail fin. It appears to be rigid. Other than that, he appears to be okay, but he is getting thrown all over the tank by the currents. None of the other fish appear affected. Any suggestions?

408921577.jpg

I have also noticed that his colors are much less vivid, and he has some dark coloring on his head that the other Gourami doesn't have. Based on the symptoms, what is the likelihood this is iridovius?

Put him in a desperate tank with softer currents.provide a mixture of foods but high in protein. He might be getting a Ill so on the safe side try putting freshwater salt in his water,keeping up with water changes. Softer currents(almost no current preferably) will help his healing process

Sent from my LT28at using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd be sure he dosen't have dropsey. Look down from the top and if he looks like a pine cone, scales sticking out, he is toast. If it does have dropsey don't allow it to die in the tank.

Thank you for the responses. Unfortunately, he perished overnight. I did move him to another tank with no currents and isolated him. When I woke up this morning, he was laying on the bottom of the tank. He was probably exhausted from having to support himself with only his pectoral fins, and seeing as he was a labyrinth fish, I assume he drowned. I don't think I will be getting any more Gouramis. If they get ill and can't remain near the surface, they have no chance.

Thats upsetting.thankfully he didn't die in your other tank.he also could've died from shock, if the water wasn't cycled, etc etc.if he had died in your other tank,things could've gotten serious. Sorry bout you fish friend :(

Sent from my LT28at using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom