Injured Long Finned Black Skirt Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imasillymomma

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am fairly new to this having adopted an aquarium full of fish from my new landlord. Feel free to look up my past posts for more information. Anyway, as I was changing the water in my 40 gallon yesterday, I noticed that my long finned black skirt tetra was missing half of one of her pectoral fins and apparently some nips have been taken out of her other fins as well. Luckily, I had just finished cycling a new tank for her to go into as I had intended to put her in a new tank and get her a school to go with her.

I put her into the newly cycled tank and she is understandably hiding in her lighthouse decoration. I have not seen her eat yet, but I was at work all day.

My question is, what else can I do to help her? Can the pectoral fin grow back? Is there a way to avoid infection? I can post my parameters if needed, but I don't think it's really necessary in this situation. As I said, it is newly cycled (thank goodness).

Thank you for any advice!

~Tammy

I added some Melafix to her water last night and she'd been swimming around as well as she could with half of a fin missing. This morning she's lying at the bottom of the tank like she's given up. :(

Parameters this morning:
pH: 7.4
Ammonia: 0
NitrIte: 0
NitrAte: 40

Back
Top Bottom