Injured Rope Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3x0t1c_331

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 50-gallon tank has some holes in the top, and Huck the Rope Fish escaped. (This happened on the morning of 2/16) I found the poor thing behind my dresser. I immediately grabbed him AGAP (As gently as possible) and put him in the ET (2-gallon Emergency Tank) for a bit while I cleaned him up. He had lint all over, which I removed with a Q-tip. He had bleeding cuts all over, a bloody mouth, and a nasty bruise on his head. I let him rest, and he sat on a leaf near the surface so he could breathe without swimming too much. I tried to feed him, but he wouldn't eat. He healed a lot overnight, and his cuts on his body were gone, and his bruise didn't look as bad, and his mouth not as bloody. He was moved back to his 50-gallon tank, and seems more active than yesterday, but still he refuses to eat. I last fed him on Thursday. I feed them on weekends, Tuesdays and Thursdays (unless they're sick or injured, then I feed them more often) I was wondering if the bruise could have signaled brain damage:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: and if he is a "vegetable." If so or if not, what course of action do the experts suggest I take?

Back
Top Bottom