Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Injured / sick black moor goldfish

Hi all,

I have had a black moor goldfish since September. He is in a 10g tank alone with filtration. I do 20% water changes weekly and all of my levels remain good. I know the tank is on the smaller side for a goldfish which is why he is housed alone.

In the past few days, one of his iris's has become cloudy, he is resting on the bottom of the tank, mouth gulping, not eating. I called a local (very trusted, specialize in fish) pet store. They think it is an eye injury because it's cloudy only in one eye. They recommended adding aquarium salt and letting him relax. I did that about 24 hours ago, but haven't seen any change.

Does anyone have any recommendations or other thoughts about what the issue could be? It breaks my heart to think he is suffering.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

How are you testing the water and what are you testing for? Cloudy eye can be caused by an infection to a damaged eye, but it can also be caused by ammonia burns. 10g is too small for any goldfish, even by itself, and they poop a lot so the water can get nasty fast.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
black, black moor, fish, gold, goldfish, ick, injured, moor, red, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com