injury or NTD/TB please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barakis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys,

Ok so a few weeks ago I lost a neon. was 100% fine as far as i could see, then inside 24 hours it developed a curved spine, lost the color in the tail (probably 1/3 the length of the body the red stripe), it then lost the ability to swim and died. all inside 24hrs (ish).

i actually put it down to an attack from one of the mollies, as the male has been quite aggressive, so i put it down to a loss and carried on.

until today... did a 25% PWC no issues (today was a propper clean, sponge on the walls, vacuum, pwc, and filter clean, so a fair bit of disturbance).

I have now just euthanised another neon, and another in the tank with the same issue which will likely be gone by morning, all the same as the one a few weeks ago.

so im now up to 3, with the same issues, but goes from healthy (noticable) to dead in a day. is this too quick to be tb or neon tetra disease? or do you think this could be a very angry molly?

the boring stuff:
68L tank
25% PWC every 2 weeks (i work away sometimes, i do every week when i can)
400l/h (ish) internal filter with carbon changed every 2 weeks
3w 20cm LED light bar (looks stunning but not sure on K)

1 female molly
3 male guppies
8 neon tetra
1 clown pleco

(these fish numbers are a bit odd, i'm not perfect, i lost a few fish in set-up)

i use stresscoat+ for conditioners, switched from tetra about 2 months ago.

anything else i missed? I know im likely to lose these fish, i just want to figure out what it is.

Can anyone help with this? Want to figure out if I'm likely to lose more... The one from last night is still alive and swimming fine, but curve spine and discoloration very much still their.

Back
Top Bottom