internal parasites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one other moly is dead, no warning

he is not bloated, he has no pine coning ... he looks PERFECTLY healthy (yesterday he was playing as a fool)

I don't mean to take over the thread, but I have the same issue going on. My goldfish have been having stringey poop for a long time. I gave them Jungle's anti-bacterial food for four weeks and it didn't really help. I bought the Jungle anti-parasite food yesterday and I'm starting them on that today, so I hope it works. The directions say to feed them for three consecutive days on the anti-parasite food, and then stop feeding them for four days, then feed again for three days etc for four weeks. Seems like it'd be hard on them to have no food for four days doesn't it?

they'll take it fine.

3 days without food is not that bad, they can last up to 10 sometimes.
plus if you have a BIT of plants in the tank, they will rip some in case they are exhausted of hunger

Hi,
so sorry to hear about your troubles. Harsh...
Re the medicated food, I have been using this exact same internal parasite food, and it is my understanding that you feed the medicated food exclusively for the 3 days of the week (that is where they mean no other kind of food), but that you feed them regular food the remaining 4 days. I've just reviewed the instructions on the bottle and the card, and there is no mention of fasting them....
Hope this helps a bit,
Good luck.
JD

Back
Top Bottom