Internal Parasites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so should I try treating with levamisole first and see how that goes or should I try a different med? I'm so lost on what to do! I was really hoping they weren't C worms but the more I look at pics the more they look like them ?

Treat ASAP...
The complete treatment takes 3 weeks I believe so you want first dose in ASAP..mbkemp is treating now so I am sure he is all up on it...

Too familiar. I linked what I bought up in this thread I think. If not, I can. 5 grams of levimisole treats 100 Gallons. I used 3 grams for a 60 and 2 for a 40.

Ok so should I try treating with levamisole first and see how that goes or should I try a different med? I'm so lost on what to do! I was really hoping they weren't C worms but the more I look at pics the more they look like them [emoji53]
It looks like an earth worm but your angels poo doesn't look right so I would treat them, with the camallanus worms levamisole HCI is what you want, usually with the camallanus worms you will see the red worm coming out of the butt on the fish, im not saying they don't have them so I honestly don't know what I would treat With, coralbandit and many others know way more than i.

Out of curiosity what foods do you feed your fish?

There was quite a few of the worms in varying sizes and when taken out of water they died. Would an earthworm not live still when taken out of water? They didn't have the usual characteristics of an earthworm and moved differently so I don't believe that's what they are. I kind of hope I'm wrong lol and mbkemp yes you shared the link with what you are treating with. I will try to get some ordered asap. I don't have a credit card so I'll have to pick up a prepaid card. All fish are still very active swimming around, eating like horses, good color. Hopefully everyone makes it through this! Thanks again for all the advice so far!

Frozen brine shrimp occasionally, tetra flakes and pellets, and algae wafers.

Was feeding omega one flakes but hubby picked up this tetramin food so it's what I've been using at the moment.

Ok now I'm thinking they ARE earthworms. I SWEAR I'm going to have gray hair when I'm done with this. I looked at baby earthworms and they def look like what was in my tank. So that's a huge relief. So should I treat the parasites with prazipro? Yikes sorry I've been so nervous about all this!

Was feeding omega one flakes but hubby picked up this tetramin food so it's what I've been using at the moment.
I just recently switched to New life spectrum I can't even put a price tag on it because it's that good but it's not terribly expensive, omega is good flake as well, with new life spectrum premium you will see a drastic change in their colors etc etc, the key is a good balanced diet, I feed my fish freeze fried tubifex, freeze dried brine, frozen blood worms, new life spectrum premium, veggie flake (spirulina) and peas (not the same day lol) but my staple Food is the new life spectrum.
Mon/wed New life in the am tubifex at night
Tues /Thurs veggie flake in the am freeze dried brine at night
Fri blanched deshelled peas in the am, new life at night
Sat fasting
Sunday veggie flake in the am, frozen blood worms at night.

No you don't have to do this but a good balanced diet is important if you don't want to do all that I would recommend new life spectrum premium and deshelled blanced peas (helps with digestive track) and brine

I have heard good things about new life spectrum. I will try to pick up some when I get paid along with some other stuff for them to eat. I don't even want to think about worms at the moment ?? but I will get some lol my fish don't seem to care for freeze dried anything so I'll probably pick up frozen. Nothing live for a bit at least ?

I have heard good things about new life spectrum. I will try to pick up some when I get paid along with some other stuff for them to eat. I don't even want to think about worms at the moment [emoji16][emoji16] but I will get some lol my fish don't seem to care for freeze dried anything so I'll probably pick up frozen. Nothing live for a bit at least [emoji39]
I honestly don't know what to say about the worms everyone says to treat immidiately so I would take the more advanced fish keepers advice but with the camallanus everything I've read says you will see them trying to come out of the fish via their waste, I don't know anything about levamisole so I don't know if it will hurt to do a preventive.

All fish look and act normal other than the stringy poop. So if the worms aren't related to fish would prazipro be the best course of treatment for parasites? I'm so bad at making decisions! My husband hates going to stores with me ??

Prazipro or if you can find it jungle cure as long as they are not camallanus

Ok I'll pick up one of those and will keep an eye out for any other symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom