Iridescent Shark question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cpgoalie966

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two Iridescent Sharks in my 55G tank. They are about 2-21/2 inches long. One of them has a swallon stomach and the other is fine. What do you guys think it is? Is it pregnant or sick? It appears active and has no signs of sickness.

Thanks

uhm.. what did it eat? Its just a baby it cant be holding eggs..

iridesent sharks get 3 foot long.. you might want to return them to the LFS.. sorry you got the news late.. :( :(

I know they get big and my lfs will buy them back when they get bigger. all it ate were regular flakes and bloodworms. I already talked to the store about the sharks because i noticed they had a large one at the store, but the fish needed a home.

Strange that they will buy them back when they get bigger when they needed to find them a home. What are your water parameters? If it isn't showing any signs of other illness, such as gasping, flashing, being listless, it may be overfeeding. How often are you feeding them? If not overfeeding watch him carefully to see if he develops any further symptoms.

im at school right now so i cant check my water parameters, but yesterday they were fine. I only feed them once a day. There are no other symptoms, but ill check when I get home. Do you think it needs to go into a hospital tank?

Thanks

In order for us to answer any questions with any certainty at all, it is extremely beneficial that we know your exact parameters as Greenmaji has suggested.

Try not to feed more then the fish can consume in one min. per day.. I am assuming if all else is fine that it just overate or is constipated..
If constipated try blanching (bring to boil, 10 sec. in a microwave should work, and then place in cool or ice water) a pea and pealing it and see if you cant get the bloated looking shark to eat it..

Back
Top Bottom