is having a bad day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madmadison

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
today in my 90g tank I lost 22 fish outa 32 in a matter of 16 hours all my levels are good ph 7 ammonia 0 temp 79.4f ,it is a establish tank of 2 years I did 25% water change every 1-2 weeks never over fed them,first I though they got shocked frm my heater but its working fine,but the 10 that survived seem in good condition atm , iam stumped! not to sure what to do to fix this so it dose not happen again.

Omg! I'm very sorry to hear this. Looks like several of us are having big issues with the fish today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

today in my 90g tank I lost 22 fish outa 32 in a matter of 16 hours all my levels are good ph 7 ammonia 0 temp 79.4f ,it is a establish tank of 2 years I did 25% water change every 1-2 weeks never over fed them,first I though they got shocked frm my heater but its working fine,but the 10 that survived seem in good condition atm , iam stumped! not to sure what to do to fix this so it dose not happen again.

0 ammonia is good but what about nitrite and nitrate levels?
Illness: Have you added any new fish to the tank in the past 7-10 days?

it very well might be columnaris but it seems to only effected all my ciclids n catfish.but it did not effect any of my tiger barbs or my blood parets or red tail sharks and my janitor.i have not introduced any new fish for past 3-4 months.but the air flow in the tank has all ways been high do to amount of fish I had.thx for the info on columnaris cuz I never heard of it befor now.

Back
Top Bottom