is he sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ibn219

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can anyone help me is he sick

ok i have a 26 gall community tank and everyone including the guppy i think is sick are all acting normally. my water is fine ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate .20, i have 5 painted tetras 3 neons 3 glowlight 3 glass tetras 2 male guppies 2 ghost shrimp 1 cory catfish 1 dwarf african frog. i do 25% WC 2x a month. my orange male guppy has inflamed looking gills so i took him out treated him with full dose of quick cure 3 days treated tank with half dose (tetras are very sensitive to meds and should have killed my shrimp but they lived too) i re introduce him in to community but i am concerned about the other fish here is some pics like i said he seems healthy and active eats well and just looks inflamed

Attachments

• IMG_20120917_195223[1].jpg
    IMG_20120917_195223[1].jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20120917_195401[1].jpg
    IMG_20120917_195401[1].jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Is he acting normal?
Several causes of inflamed gills are ammonia poisoning and gill flukes. He looks like he is perky though, and you said you test the ammo levels.
Any other symptoms? Has anything changed since you took him out and treated him?

ibn219 said:
ok i have a 26 gall community tank and everyone including the guppy i think is sick are all acting normally. my water is fine ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate .20, i have 5 painted tetras 3 neons 3 glowlight 3 glass tetras 2 male guppies 2 ghost shrimp 1 cory catfish 1 dwarf african frog. i do 25% WC 2x a month. my orange male guppy has inflamed looking gills so i took him out treated him with full dose of quick cure 3 days treated tank with half dose (tetras are very sensitive to meds and should have killed my shrimp but they lived too) i re introduce him in to community but i am concerned about the other fish here is some pics like i said he seems healthy and active eats well and just looks inflamed

How long has your tank been running? Your water parameters appear OK, do you use a liquid test or strips? What about your filter? Is it circulating the water properly, the outflow breaking the surface appropriately? Personally I'd do weekly water changes.

No he is very active plays with his other male guppy eats. ammo 0 checked again today N3 up to 20 but ill change this weekend

I run 2 filters a double with four carbons i clean the 2 in the back carful not to kill all my bacteria l. A single with 1 carbon and lots of media for colonizing plus have bio ball at the bottom! I also run 3 air stone bars and have some live plants i read this forum alot learned everything from it oh srry about 2 months running had bad new tank syndrom used lots of start zyme and meadia plus some mature meadia from a ponds now have good balance have a 5 gallon bucket also cycled it has air stone carbon filter with sponge tip and water bottle full of cut straws air powered youtube got to luv it dnt know how well it works but just in case

How long has your tank been running? Your water parameters appear OK, do you use a liquid test or strips? What about your filter? Is it circulating the water properly, the outflow breaking the surface appropriately? Personally I'd do weekly water changes.

Api master kit

Back
Top Bottom