is it possible to save an angelfish if it shows distress?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my small angelfish is showing a great deal of distress. It is swimming in loops and frequently at the surface on it's side. Any time this has happened to me before, I have been unable to save the fish.
It is not showing any symptoms of disease, other than behavioral. It is a relatively small fish, only about 2 inches including tail.
Is there any hope for it?

Edit ** I believe I posted this in the wrong section and it belongs in the Unhealty Fish forum. My apologies.

actually it is very difficult to heal to the stress that angelfish faces, however one of the ways is that u separate your angelfish with the rest of the fish

Moved to Unhealthy Fish Forum

Angels suffer from a genetic form of swim bladder disease. There are no known remedies for it and your fish unfortunately is displaying the classic symptoms. I have not seen any treatments that work with any success, including QT'ing.

I'm truly sorry.

My beautiful blue blusher black lace mix started doing the same thing before it passed on. I don't understand it either. The water was clean and healthy and so was the fish. Right before it died it was getting a thin transparent white film on it. The bacterias in the tank were trying to eat the fish before it was fully dead! I put him in QT so he could go out peacefully. It's quite a shame, Angels are just so delicate.

Back
Top Bottom