Is my albino corydoras going to die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki Gaga

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's colour is really pale and it either swims in a really slow, awkward posture or lies on its SIDE with its gills almost not moving at all. It's been repeatedly doing this for a few days now. Whenever I poke it to see if it is dead, it "squirms" and "wriggles" a few inches, then stops. Is it suffering? If so, what can I do? I don't want it to suffer for a long time :(

This is when it's "dead".

Attachments

• Photo0164.jpg
    Photo0164.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 69
This is when it's "alive".

Attachments

• Photo0162.jpg
    Photo0162.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 87
Please answer these questions from the Sticky at the top of this forum...

Answer these Qs to ensure we have as much information as possible about your ailing fish and its environment:

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1) Well, there's finrot. The fins and tails are kind of split, not like completely chopped off. It's also quite pale (if that helps). I clean the tank 20% once a week. I just found out 2 days ago.

2) Ammonia: 0, Nitrites: the fish shop staff said it was really good, Nitrates: 20-something ppm.

3) 25 gallons.

4) Juwel Bioflow Filter Super.

5) 14 fish in total. 5 neon tetras, 2 glowlight tetras, 2 albino corydoras, 1 guppy, 1 neon dwarf rainbowfish, 1 hatchetfish, 1 ancistrus and 1 otocinclus.

6) 2 days ago. Water change once a week or if I'm really busy, once every two weeks. Change water 20%.

7) Had the fish for 2-3 years now :p

8) Nope. Nothing. The tank already has loads of plants and a few pieces of bogwood.

9) I feed them a variety of flakes, pellets and frozen food. Every time I go to the petstore, I get them live food. If I have courgette or cucumber, I boil a piece and feed it to them.

I would do a larger water change, 50% perhaps.

Anytime I see any issues with my fish I always start with a large water change.

Have you seen any aggression issues ?

Pic of the tank ?

No there are no aggressive fish.

Here's an image of the model (it's night time).

Attachments

• Rekord.jpg
    Rekord.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 78
Is it ok now?

Sorry to hear that little cory died, corys only normally live for 2 years you having it for 2/3 years means cory had a good long life,maybe that contributed to his/her death, it's horrible watching and not being able to help tho,

He/she will be in fish heaven now swimming around in a huge tank?(I have just lost my pleco after 7 years nothing was wrong with him, I went out, he was fine, came bak and he was dead, have to say I cried) but he's in a huge watery place in heaven

Sent from fish phone

Back
Top Bottom