Is my albino ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leehunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi people.

I wonder if you can help? Im wondering if my bristlenose is all ok? He is eating and swimming fine but im wondering if these specs are normal.

All my tank parameters are fine and no other fish are exhibiting any symptoms? Its the small specs im worried about, they are flesh coloured not white so dont suspect ich.

Any advice will help.

Thanks

ForumRunner_20120116_113749.jpg

ForumRunner_20120116_113803.jpg

Hmm mine doesn't look like that but is he getting bullied if not I dont know.

From what i can see when i wach him, no hes not gettinf bullied.

He happily plays around the tank all day, munches his food and love his cucumber he gets at the weekend.

No fish bothers him day or night from what i can see?

Looks like he is trying to change.his color but its not letting him so its showwing up as blotched pigment discoloration

I presume that ties him into being a juvenile? He certainly does not appear to be bullied. Hes in his cave or on the glass or wood all the time.

Today he has occasionally darted to the surface and then sank again. Ive checked all parameters and its fine. No ammonia/nitrites/rates. Ph is 7.5 and temp is 23° all other inhabitants are fine and he appears happy. Im just concerned as what it was as they are not white but same colour so pigmentation may be it although its on his fins too?

Thanks mumma i was worried. His bristles are small but are growing? :)

Nice tank and bristlenose

Leehunter said:
Thanks mumma i was worried. His bristles are small but are growing? :)

Nice tank and bristlenose

Thanks. :) if he's a boy they will grow. Girls can also get bristles but just around the mouth. Mine (in the pic) is only 2.5 inches long and only started growing bristles 3-4 months ago. I expect them to get much longer.

image-160039003.jpg

Here is one of my brown BNP you can see the same markings as the albinos.

Thats howmine are. He was sold as male as thats all the LFS sells they had a beautiful adult in a display tank.about 5-6in and bristles about 1cm or so.

Is that another male bristle in there too? And whats the red mark on the albinos head?

Leehunter said:
Thats howmine are. He was sold as male as thats all the LFS sells they had a beautiful adult in a display tank.about 5-6in and bristles about 1cm or so.

Is that another male bristle in there too? And whats the red mark on the albinos head?

Yeah I think that's my other one. I have two males and a brown female in that tank. His brain? Lol! Idk. Part of his insides. He's so light in color I can see through him in parts. :)

Got home tonight from work and found him dead!? :-(

No sign of anything on his body, i immediately chwcked my water and all is fine. No other dish exhibiting any symptoms or being lethargic.

He was eating a wafer quite happily ths morning?

Boohoo, i leave it for a while and have a think on what i want to do?

Leehunter said:
Got home tonight from work and found him dead!? :-(

No sign of anything on his body, i immediately chwcked my water and all is fine. No other dish exhibiting any symptoms or being lethargic.

He was eating a wafer quite happily ths morning?

Boohoo, i leave it for a while and have a think on what i want to do?

Oh no! I'm so sorry to her that! :( in your first picture he looked to have grains of sand on him. Are they still there?

Yeah they were his fins are where they were noticable but they are on his body too.

Like i sad he was fine this morning, the last couple of days he has made a mad dash to the surface and straight down again but all params fine and i have done 2x50% water changes since posting this thread?

:-(

So the white raised spots could have been ich or sand. That's what I thought you where talking about in the beginning, then we got onto colored markings on the fish! Watch all your other fish for signs of ich just in case that's what is was. It literally looks like grains of salt/sand.
Again I'm sorry for your loss and I wish I coil have been more helpful!

Back
Top Bottom