Is my betta ok? :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry :(

Tetra fungus cure may help. It says for dropsy right on the box, among other things it can help.

When I was looking for Meds for my betta (I did a ton of research on dropsy and meds) and I found some that can work but then I found out that they were not made anymore at least since early this year :(

I'll look for that if I get a chance to go to the fish store tomorrow :/ and maybe a little bit, but she's slightly more active than before, so it's hard to tell...

I just added Tetra fungus guard, it's supposed to help treat a bunch of different fungal and bacterial issues :/

My betta looks a lot perkier today :) she's swimming around way more often. What makes me sad though is when it looks like she's putting in an effort to swim around, but looks worn out and sinks to the bottom :( hopefully she's still well enough to recover

That is some encouraging news. I hope for the best! Keep us posted :)

My betta hung out at the bottom some too when he was tired.

Have you tried the aquarium salt? ( at the very least it might make her a bit more comfortable). Just don't treat for too long and only add more salt with a larger water change. My betta has come back from near death with just some salt, and no lights on for a few days. Really, he was collapsed in a ball on the bottom of the tank and could barely swim to get to the air and he had turned all black. It was terrifying, but he is now prancing around and giving everybody attitude! Don't give up! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I moved her to a smaller tank and added aquarium salt. Hopefully that helps... Why did you keep the lights off? To reduce stress?

Yes to reduce stress.

Has she been eating a lot? If so, I would not feed her for a few days.

Cool. Have you started treating for dropsy?

Yeah, specially if you have fasted her and her tummy is still big.

I treated my other tank with tetra fungal (as suggested earlier in the comments) but after the maximum dose length (two tablets 4 days apart, 8 days total) there was no change at all :( I might try a second time, but I'm not sure it will help much and I'm worried it will react with the aquarium salt somehow.

Back
Top Bottom