Is my mickey platy fish pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strawburry

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me. My orange mickey platy seems to have a big belly, and I can't tell if one is pregnant. I don't see a gravid spot, but the other day the platy kept staying close to the bottom of the tank and chasing the white platy away. I am just a bit nervous because a few days ago one of my guppies ended up pregnant and passed durning birth and her young was eaten by the other fish. I have a breeder box, but I just want to be certain and catch it before something bad happens. Thanks alot!

Attachments

• 20200129_191545.jpg
    20200129_191545.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200129_191348.jpg
    20200129_191348.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 31
By these pictures I'd say both are male. The orange one seems to be developing a gonopodium. Both just look wellfedd. Nothing to worry about.

To me they both look like males, I mean I’m no expert, I have platy fish and the back fin is one of the main ways to tell the gender of the platy fish, a females’ is shaped like a triangle and the males’ looks just like yours. Once again I’m not positive but I do think they are males. ( before I saw that fin I thought your fish were pregnant too lol )

Back
Top Bottom