Is my platy sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felku

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have thank that I still cycling and I do wc every day. I notice a few days back that one of my platys is acting strange, it moves a lot in the tank with a strange movement left and right then it sits on the bottom doing the same movement. I notice that also has clamped fins. Anyway what would be happening.

I have thank that I still cycling and I do wc every day. I notice a few days back that one of my platys is acting strange, it moves a lot in the tank with a strange movement left and right then it sits on the bottom doing the same movement. I notice that also has clamped fins. Anyway what would be happening.

Just a thought to check but are you roughly matching temp for the water changes? I find if a fish/tank is already a bit stressed (eg cycling), then something else that would normally be not ideal but you can get away with (eg colder water in pwc) just combines to cause an issue.

My water temp is always the same. I always set some gallons of water resting outside and check temp etc. I live in Puerto Rico so water temp is always above 80 F.
The fish from the thread seems to be acting normal now. But now a different fish is the one acting very strange and think is sick but don't know what is. The fish started by moving restless in the bottom. And he also swings in front of the filter , he looks a little crazy he start to move alone in the little current made from the filter. He has been eating normal but just checked and he is in the bottom without moving.

I don't suppose you would have any water chemistry readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrates or ph at all? This would either confirm something going on there or cross it off the list.

have been fighting with high nitrites since last 2 weeks, I have been doing a lot wc and use of prime. It seems that since Saturday the aquarium finally cycled because since that day I have been getting 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite. The ph is 8.2. The fish seems to swim for a little but then rest again in the bottom . I will try to take a pic and post it here.

sounds like ich. Turn up the temp and add a chemical dye such as Malachite Green/Formalin.
I doubt I can turn up the temp since already is like 88 or 89 F. I live in Puerto Rico that means hot all year. I will upload a pic tomorrow because I know it will be difficult for members to help me without pic.

I notice he improved a little since the aquarium cycled. But still look tire and not as he usual self.

Here are some picks, they don't look that great but it was the best I could get. The fish is the red one.

Attachments

• IMAG0770.jpg
    IMAG0770.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0772.jpg
    IMAG0772.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0780.jpg
    IMAG0780.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 44
Strange I'm pretty sure they were visible before. I tried to upload again and it was failing, so I will leave the links for them. The fish still seems strange. He doesn't look okay. From time to time he swims active and then he sit on the bottom for a while.

I added salt to tank. No sure if try my medicated flakes again since I gave them a month ago.

IMAG0780 - felku's library
IMAG0772 - felku's library
IMAG0770 - felku's library
kvvVFbjiA
kvvVFbjiA

I can see them on the previous post...

uploadfromtaptalk1442426610176.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom