Is there anything else that can resemble mouth fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bytal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there anything else that can resemble mouth fungus? I have 2 threadfin rainbows that have a bit of white stuff around there mouths, one of them with a bit of stringy stuff. Its kinda hard to see because these fish have such bloody small mouths. I put them in a sick tank and medicated for a few weeks until i ran out of medicine. Then I waited and waited and waited. 3 months later they are still sitting in the sick tank happy as can be with a little bit of white stuff around their mouths. Sooo is there anything that can resemble mouth fungus? Most of what I've read makes this infection sound very serious but nothing seems to be happening. I've been thinking about putting them back into the regular tank but didn't want to risk infecting others if they are in fact sick. Opinions?

Isnt columnaris just the technical term for mouth fungus?

well, it depends. columnaris is a bacterial infection, not a fungus. some people mistakingly call it a fungus. i guess its all in how you mean it?

I know that it is a bacterial infection. I've read a fair bit about it. I was just wondering if there was anything that could resemble it as my fish have had a bit of this stuff for 3-4 months now with absolutely no ill effect at all.

Back
Top Bottom