Is this an issue??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noah W

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I have a small flame dwarf gourami who has been in my care for just over a month. I'm not entirely sure how old they were when I picked them up. Recently I have noticed some very faint white/ dampened patches on them. It doesn't look "hairy" or "furry" and does not resemble a fungal infections but the description somewhat matches. I am quite concerned and would love some help as I'm relatively new to fish keeping. I have attached a few images below.

Thank you so much,

Noah Wood

red 1.jpg

red 2.jpg

red 3.jpg

That may be from them fighting. Looks like missing scales. keep the water in pristine conditions.

Re: fighting

Hello,

I don't think it would be as a cause of fighting as the only animals in the tank are 10 neon tetras and the flame dwarf gourami. I don't think there are any other animals large enough to do damage to him and I don't think I've ever seen them go at it.

As for water conditions, I do water checks weekly or when I think its getting dirty (algae etc.) and it always comes back perfect.

That may be from them fighting. Looks like missing scales. keep the water in pristine conditions.
Hello,

I don't think it would be as a cause of fighting as the only animals in the tank are 10 neon tetras and the flame dwarf gourami. I don't think there are any other animals large enough to do damage to him and I don't think I've ever seen them go at it.

As for water conditions, I do water checks weekly or when I think its getting dirty (algae etc.) and it always comes back perfect.

Hello,

Oh sorry misread your post I assumed it was more than 1 Flame Gourami. Do you ever notice the Gourami near the heater?

Last edited:
No worries! Awhile Ago he used to sleep on top of the suction cup for the heater around when I first noticed it (maybe 2 weeks? it was very very faint and i thought it may have just been his colouration) but now he doesn't sleep there. He currently doesn't seem to spend any abnormal amount of time near the heater, especially not when its on. As i write this however he is sitting right under it.

No worries! Awhile Ago he used to sleep on top of the suction cup for the heater around when I first noticed it (maybe 2 weeks? it was very very faint and i thought it may have just been his colouration) but now he doesn't sleep there. He currently doesn't seem to spend any abnormal amount of time near the heater, especially not when its on. As i write this however he is sitting right under it.

Oh ok I would just keep on doing what your doing and hopefully that area clears up.

Oh ok I would just keep on doing what your doing and hopefully that area clears up.
Does spending time near the heater have some sort of implications as to the health of the fish or potential diseases or something?

Does spending time near the heater have some sort of implications as to the health of the fish or potential diseases or something?
Tbh I never read or heard of a fish staying near of the heater due to illness.
My concern was heater burn.

Back
Top Bottom