Is this bad? :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stellyboo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My betta Lava has like... this dust stuff and it keeps showing up. It’s not ick just dust stuff or something. Is that bad? :( IMG_1522860010.984115.jpg

Looks like melt. What are you using to treat your water? And how much? What size tank? Looks like he's clamping too. Test your water. And yes! More water changes, careful to not over dose.

Looks like melt. What are you using to treat your water? And how much? What size tank? Looks like he's clamping too. Test your water. And yes! More water changes, careful to not over dose.

Tap water conditioner, size tank is 3gal and just little drops I believe. 5ml

Test his water. Is the tank cycled? If not your gonna what to keep up on the water changes. 50% at a time. Do them back to back if needed.

Test his water. Is the tank cycled? If not your gonna what to keep up on the water changes. 50% at a time. Do them back to back if needed.

We are waiting for a filter and stuff to put in. It’s on the way, I tested his water but it’s not good, 5.5. :( I’m gonna keep doing water changes every day

Holly Crap! You're killing him. That's way too high. You'd have to do about 22 water changes @50% each to get it to zero right now. You might as well scoop him up in a bowl and dump that water out. If you have anything in that tank, gravel, decorations... take it all out. Leave it out till you get the filter. Refill that tank with good treated water and 80 degrees. And slowly add a little of that water to his bowl. Just don't shock him. Take a little out then add a little more. Be very careful with this. Float him in the tank to keep him warm while doing this. Do this slowly till you think all the water is replaced in the bowl from the new tank water. I'd say every 15 min. Or so. Add a little take a little. When you get him back in the tank do water changes 2 times a day. Morning and night. 3 gallons will not take long for the ammonia to spike again. When you get the filter make sure you rinse the cartridge off before you use it.

Holly Crap! You're killing him. That's way too high. You'd have to do about 22 water changes @50% each to get it to zero right now. You might as well scoop him up in a bowl and dump that water out. If you have anything in that tank, gravel, decorations... take it all out. Leave it out till you get the filter. Refill that tank with good treated water and 80 degrees. And slowly add a little of that water to his bowl. Just don't shock him. Take a little out then add a little more. Be very careful with this. Float him in the tank to keep him warm while doing this. Do this slowly till you think all the water is replaced in the bowl from the new tank water. I'd say every 15 min. Or so. Add a little take a little. When you get him back in the tank do water changes 2 times a day. Morning and night. 3 gallons will not take long for the ammonia to spike again. When you get the filter make sure you rinse the cartridge off before you use it.

What would I do with the decorations and rocks after then?

Make a vinegar and water mixture and soak everything in there for 15 min to an hour. Be sure to rinse off ALL the vinegar. If you smell it, it’s still there! Do daily water changes and use 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per gallon. Be sure to not overdose with salt. If you are willing to take the risks, use melafix or bettafix. They are the same things. I’ve heard horrible reviews about it killing fish and stuff but I’ve used it without any problems. Do your own research and see if you want to use it! Hope he feels better!! [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom