Is this fin rot or something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xlarronlx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Golden barb

New to aquariums, especially in sickness and disease.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Arron.

Attachments

• IMG_20140110_225537_994.jpg
    IMG_20140110_225537_994.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 114
Did you have any luck on this ? Looks like fin rot - was it the top fin? I don't usually see any fish nipping there.

Water levels are all okay, the fish itself seems okay at times, I have 5 barbs which came with the tank i bought so i dont know how old they are and i have had them for a couple of months now. This barb does hide a few hours a day in its cave, but except that it swims around happily. The only disease i have seen and treated before was white spot and that was years ago... i did assume a bite at first but i dont have any fish that could do that except its own species. I have Guppies, bristlenose plecs, sucking loach, mollies, tetra...

Water levels are all okay, the fish itself seems okay at times, I have 5 barbs which came with the tank i bought so i dont know how old they are and i have had them for a couple of months now. This barb does hide a few hours a day in its cave, but except that it swims around happily. The only disease i have seen and treated before was white spot and that was years ago... i did assume a bite at first but i dont have any fish that could do that except its own species. I have Guppies, bristlenose plecs, sucking loach, mollies, tetra...
You say it hides in a cave? Is it a very tight squeeze?

No its not tight. Plenty of room inside. I'm guessing its not fin rot if a few of you are asking if its been damaged instead? Shall I try fin rot treatment just in case it is or...?

I don't know what to great it with. Bearing in mind I have monitored the fish and others. And everything is fine. Acting normal and no changes in water or fin x

I'd say just keep the water clean and make sure if it gets worse look into a hospy tank w treatment.

That does look like fin rot to me.

You say the parameters are "okay" but what exactly do you define as okay?

Back
Top Bottom