Is this fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluetech

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not sure 100% of what this is, I kinda think its fungus, but it doesn't have the puffy fuzzy stuff just looks like white patches on the pleco's skin. Any help is greatly appreciated!

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Not sure 100% of what this is, I kinda think its fungus, but it doesn't have the puffy fuzzy stuff just looks like white patches on the pleco's skin. Any help is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 318413

View attachment 318414

About two weeks ago my pleco got stuck in one of my smaller cichlid caves, I had to physically pull him out. The scrapes on his belly and sides looked exactly the same as those ones do on yours. Could be a possibility he hurt himself accidentally. With mine I just put a little salt in the water whenever I did a water change and he is almost completely healed

About two weeks ago my pleco got stuck in one of my smaller cichlid caves, I had to physically pull him out. The scrapes on his belly and sides looked exactly the same as those ones do on yours. Could be a possibility he hurt himself accidentally. With mine I just put a little salt in the water whenever I did a water change and he is almost completely healed

Just some aquarium salt?

Just some aquarium salt?

Yes, I believe some water conditioners have slime coat and fin protection as well, the one I use does so that could help as well. I’m not a pro by any means I’m just getting back into aquariums after almost two decades so don’t hold me to that lol. IMG_3183.jpg here is a pic of my pleco actually stuck, it was bad one of his fins ripped but he’s pretty much all healed up

Please help

What is this

Attachments

• 20201019_172722.jpg
    20201019_172722.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20201019_172731.jpg
    20201019_172731.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 20
I use API products. Tried melafix, prima fix, and general cure. For weeks I've been medicating. Only fish affected is the dwarf pleco. Still alive, gets better, then gets worse. Moved to a 10 gallon quarantine tank to reduce the cost of meds and other fish. Made no difference. Just him and a red fin shark that is to small for the 55gal tank. I should add that the wounds are not on top of the skin. It looks like somthing is eating away at its body. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom