Is this ich? How to treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newyorkyankees

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My platy I got today had a white spot by his dorsal fin. I just noticed it. The water is fine. I didn't quarantine him but I did add the fish with a net, not just dumping in the water. I also got a red tailed shark and another platy today. If it is ich what should I do.
My other fish are 2 blue gouramis, a comet goldfish, 5 black skirt tetras, a platy and red tailed shark. 20 gallon. Upgrading to a 55 gallon soon.
I don't have a heater since I live in a warm area and I don't really want to buy one unless absolutely necessary.
:thanks:

How warm is your area? Also, a goldfish cannot go with those fish. They are cold water and your other fish are tropical. Also, you should not have gotten that shark until upgrading. Don't be surprised if he dies or go super aggressive. He needs a new tank ASAP.

It's probably food or something floating in the water. That's what happened to my tetras. I thought it was ich but it was just food on his tail. If more spots show up I would start treating it with some ich medication. A sign of ich is irregular behavior like scratching their fins on deco.

Back
Top Bottom