Is this ich? I'm afraid of the answer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but the thing you found online explains it alot better than i was hahaha but you get the idea !!!!

but the thing you found online explains it alot better than i was hahaha but you get the idea !!!!

Yeah I get what your saying. Sometimes hearing from you or others I trust is better then reading a science paper lol. To me anyway. I put fires out lol. Half that stuff I read wasn't getting absorbed.

Ok... Temp is now at 82.6 should I go higher? Also did a 50% water change with sand vac and cleaning debris off rocks, driftwood etc...

I'll start meds as soon as my wife gets home with then. RID ICH. Props to Italy for helping also. And also thanks to the rest of you as well...

your doing everything you can right now so good job i wish the best dude i really do !!!

So the kid at the LFS have my wife some story and talked her into pimafix and melafix. I told her to meet me there and I'll but what I want. He told her not to get Rid Ich cause its dangerous and gonna be banned.

I used melafix for my parasite problem 2 years ago and it's a natural remedy it's good in my opinion

I used melafix for my parasite problem 2 years ago and it's a natural remedy it's good in my opinion

Ok. I've read really good reviews and read good things on cichlid based forums about Rid Ich. Seems to be the one to go with.

Thanks again Italy. I guess he was just trying to help? But his reasons were false.

It's not being banned

No it's deff not being banned but I just wanted u to know it is a good product

Some of the meds for ick will stain stuff in the tank so be carefully what you choose. I wouldn't want your wood, silicone or air bubble tubing :) to turn blue or something.

Thanks for info Andy and Italy. I gotta say I was taken back by Kordons customer service. Did you know they have a doctor on call?! I Swear, it's a Vet and chemist. He explained everything in great detail right down to how ich hatches and has 500 hatchlings etc. it was wild. He spoke about the life cycle of them and how the products work. He didn't endorse there product just spoke about my issue and the best way to attack it. Also said he there's for any other questions or concerns. A sigh of relief t get good customer service.

Air line tubbing... Funny :)

Just to chime in I had good success with RidIch on my goldies and ich a few years ago. I was really happy with it. Too bad they got wiped out from columnaris after I was done treating for ich lol.

But like it was said in previous posts it'll stain your stuff blue.

Just to chime in I had good success with RidIch on my goldies and ich a few years ago. I was really happy with it. Too bad they got wiped out from columnaris after I was done treating for ich lol.

But like it was said in previous posts it'll stain your stuff blue.

So Rid Ich will make all my rocks, driftwood and silicone blue then? That's not too promising TBO

Honestly I may not use it for that reason alone. There quick cure I heard is good. And then what I've read ALOT of people doe. Heat and salt.

So Rid Ich will make all my rocks, driftwood and silicone blue then? That's not too promising TBO

The rocks may not and the wood may because it's a lighter color << not sure on that. Tubing, filter pads, silicone all stuff. Know for sure. I would pick something other than that.

Personally I wouldn't add any meds to the tank. I would wait to see if it gets better from just the heat, salt and cleanng.

The rocks may not and the wood may because it's a lighter color << not sure on that. Tubing, filter pads, silicone all stuff. Know for sure. I would pick something other than that.

Personally I wouldn't add any meds to the tank. I would wait to see if it gets better from just the heat, salt and cleanng.

This ^^^ I don't want stuff blue.

Ok I've used the blue stuff and it doesn't turn everything in your tank blue just your air tubing so remove it and if you have a carbon filter remove it as well because it will remove some of the meds from the water.

At the time it stained just the silicone and this light colored decoration I left in. It was porous so that may have been another reason it stained it. Just take out anything you don't want blue just to be on the safe side.

I used the "blue stuff" in my hexagon way back when I had gbr's. It did leave a light blue residue on the decorations and my glass. I think that's why it's recommended to do more water changes. Doing so will extend the timeframe for treatments though. As it won't be the strength it should be. So worst case scenario's you have a bit of blue staining or you do more work and treat longer.

Back
Top Bottom