Is this Pop-Eye? Only seeing it really in pregnant fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjy67

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have no clue what's going on, this just sorta freaked me out a bit.

I looked and it seems pop eye is a bit more exaggerated, but that seems the most likely thing wrong with these guys. I don't know if I should isolate them.

All parameters are good, 0 ammonia nitrates or nitrates. The only thing I can think wrong is the temp has been fluctuating a bit for the last week since I've been waiting for my adjustable heater, between 70-78 since there was some The preset one I have seems to always want to boil them so I unplug and replug it a lot.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 28
Bump? I really want to do something ASAP if necessary, I’d hate for it to be serious and I act too late!

Oh gosh, I can relate to the heater issue : { if the temperature fluctuated rapidly, the stress of it could have brought on infection.

I can’t tell if their eyes are really swollen, (any side pix?) but if so, Kanaplex has worked really well for me for those spectrum of infections, especially in mollies. If your one white fish is not pregnant or not a balloon-belly, then I may suspect dropsy, which is more difficult to treat, but Kanaplex would still be my choice. Good luck!

Oh yeah- and it is best to medicate the food (vs. use as bath treatment)IMG_2280.jpg

Thanks for the responses, weirdly everything went back to normal in a day or two, and I don’t think I need to medicate. No swollen eyes anymore and everyone seems happy!

Back
Top Bottom